Personalized Domain Name
Personalized Domain Name
Once you own your own, personalized domain name, you can basically do anything with it. If you have a business, you can use it to host your online store or share critical information with a global customer base. Not only that it helps your overall branding online to your target market.
If you are an individual, you can use it for communication. For example, well-established musicians have their own website where they just say who they are and what they are doing. They can also establish his/her own store for merchandise.
Who Can Get a Personalized Domain?
Today anybody can have both their personalized domain name and host their own email accounts and it won’t break the bank to create or take up all your time to administer.
In fact, it’s not only completely affordable, but essentially hands-free to manage. All it takes is a few simple steps to get set up and you can be the proud owner of both your very own domain and even host your own email accounts.
Owning your own domain and email hosting site not only lets you express your enthusiasm for your team, school or organization, but it also casts you in a leadership position so that you have control over the conversation and can guide others.
10 Benefits of owning your own domain
- Simplicity.A custom domain such as “www.mybusiness.com” is easier to remember than a generic, co-branded domain such as “www.google.your business.com’’.
- Relevance.As of 2012, there are over 6 million active domains, and as of 2017 330.6 million – websites, live on the Internet. The sooner you stake your claim, the more likely it will be that your address matches your business profile.
- SEO. Having your own domain name will increase your website’s positioning under search results on top search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing.
- Permanence. Keep your domain name for as long as your business is online. No one else can use your domain as long as you pay the host that set it up.
- Credibility.Prospective customers will more readily transact with businesses with a professional, established online presence – made possible with a personalized domain.
- Locality.Google searches can be heavily influenced by a user’s geographical location, so if you appeal to regional customers, take advantage of country extensions on your e.g.“www.mybusiness.com.ca’’
- Correspondence.Once you acquire a domain, your email addresses will appear as “email@example.com” for example. Like we mentioned in our last post, custom email address go a long way in maintaining professional communications with your customers.
- Save time and money when your buyers want to reach out for you or when you need to contact someone. Also you can get a domain for a low cost, no worries. It is a smart move for your online future.
- Customized domains will give you a truly online presence and it will establish your business as a brand.
- Ubiquity.You will have the opportunity to acquire multiple domains with different extensions (i.e. .org, .net, .me, .co) and associate all of them with your biz.