Thinking of having a website for free? Think again…
Hey! What comes to your mind when you heard or read the word “FREE”? Well, obviously it sounds good and it is even pleasant to read for those who want to save and invest their money. It may really be attractive for most of us, that’s why many of us are eluded and persuaded to avail of those products and services tagged for FREE.
You have to be careful enough. Just remember that in our generation, there’s no such thing as “FREE”. Sounds good, yes! But you might fall into disappointment sooner or later. If you think it is an advantage think again, there will always be a disadvantage on grabbing that free service that could totally ruin the business that you have invested for many years.
You should better understand the disadvantages of grabbing “sugar quoted” promotions and advertisement for FREE websites.
Here are some of the disadvantages of the disadvantages:
- Your visitors may doubt your credibility
- Limited space for your web pages
- Can’t add additional features (plugins, shopping carts, forums, chat rooms, etc.)
- Search engines may not send as much traffic due to lack of trust
- Ads may be all over your website
- You are just renting your website. You DO NOT OWN IT.
- No guarantees of site availability and longevity (because you don’t own it)
- No branded emails addresses (email@example.com)
- Poor help and support options (if any)
- May not be free forever
The thing here is if you really are dead serious about your business you need to invest. How would people take your business seriously if you could not even invest on a very basic and simple website that carries your business name online? Remember your website is your storefront online. It represents not only your products or services but also you as a businessman.
If you are serious about your business… Invest and have your own website.